[jhb_airlines] FSX

  • From: "Franklyn Fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:14:42 -0000

Is anyone else having problems with their drives.

For the second time in three months, FSX has suddenly started doing mini freezes, the drive light comes on, with an audible click from the drive. After an amount of time FSX stops, and I have to hit the big button to get out.

Last time, a reformat and reinstall, seems to have cured it. Now it has started again, and FS9, on a separate partition, is now doing the same.

The drive is only about 18 months old.

NB this is on my secondary drive, thank goodness, but it has a third partition with all my downloads and backups!!

They have all been copied to a removable drive.

Now doing a full format and install, and see what happens, but I may have to install to a spare partition on my primary drive.

Meanwhile, sitting in the hanger until the Sim is back up and running.

FF