[jhb_airlines] FSX

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:28:38 +0100

Ok, this has indeed been a strange day

Started out by buying FSX, getting home, installing and being disappointed, very much so infact. The FPS I was getting really  left me feeling let down. 2 hours of playing however sorted this. One setting changed at a time, restart and see if it helps.

I now have a hard time to get the FPS to go below 20FPS.

My FSX is now vastly outperforming FS9 by a silly amount, it looks better acts better and is more stable. 70% of the default aircraft are payware quality. The UK Mesh really is rather good and at default settings is just as good as most payware mesh packages. The UK Autumn textures really are awful however, flick it on to summer, and all is good.

I'm going to spend tomorrow porting all of my XML Paneled (SP?!) aircraft over and I really think that, from now on, I am going to be doing 80% of my flying on here.

I think I allowed myself to be poisoned by all the naysayers, it really isn't bad. Its just as good as FS9 + Addons straight out of the box.

My machine is most certainly middle of the road these days, please don't not buy it because you don't think it will run. It really will. Right now I'm speaking to someone running it on a 1.8ghz PIII getting 15FPS quite comfortably. Its most definitely usable an will certainly give you a better experience than FS9 is currently.

A rather surprised Alex