[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:52:03 +0100

Peter,
Is it really going to include the capabillity provided by FSNet? I thought the latter allowed two pilots to operate in the same plane, whereas the refiew suggests FSX will be allow two pilots to be present but only one to be able to make any inputs. Or am I wrong in thinking FSNet allows two pilots to make an input, with one, say, flying approach, whilst the second lowers gear etc?

I hope that expanding scope to widen appeal to gamers doesn't become the price hike. Some of the other features are less appealing to me than I first thought. The idea of moving cars and ships seems OK, until I begin to wonder just how noticeable that movement would be. I'm also assuming it will have to be switched off in the UK, since the MS roads are unlikely to agree with the real life VFR GM locations.
It looks as though airfield maps may be included. I'd definitely find that useful, provided they can be displaced to a second screen.
All in all I'd better start saving for a replacement PC and OS package! Any idea when it's being launched?

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

Frank - we thought it was too good an idea for MS to pass up, didn't we? I hope the FSNet guys get some recognition for the idea/technology. It SHOULD (with Microsoft's resources and reputation behind it) be a lot easier to use than FSNet.