[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:08:09 +0000

I've had a couple of close calls and now keep data on two computers; each with three hard drives. I also have a LaCie extrnal HD. Still get the shakes when there's a hitch. It's the thought of having to reinstall everything.

I've had a copy of Ghost for a couple of years but not delved into it yet.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

After a few failures I tend not to trust drives any more. That is why I now
buy in pairs and (more recently) have an external to back up to. I thought
that a pair of drives would be safer..

About three years back I had both hard drives fail together. Both died
without warning and I lost a huge amount of information - including most of
my FS design work and tools. I managed to get the Tiger Moth files back but
that is the reason why I've not touched scenery design since..