[jhb_airlines] FSUIPC And GOM Mode

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:24:12 +0000

Ten days after paying for them I've finally got the registration keys for FSUIPC and WideFS. Not, as I expected and the site says, by email. When I asked where they were I got a terse reply that I should look at my simMarket account and go to the order details. There, in small print, were the two keys. Not exactly door to door service for the £21 I've paid.

Anyway, off to run up FSX and register FSUIPC. The reg page opens with my name and email address already in place. I type in the key and it promptly tells me it isn't an acceptable key. I follow the site's advice and copy from their site, then paste. Still rejected.

As a last attempt, already having emailed them about the problem, with no reply, I erase my name and email address and re enter, exactly as they were. Success, it accepts the reg.

I get the distinct feeling we are being taken for granted by some of the by now successful developers. It may be a case of cutting my nose to spite my face but that's the last time I buy from this developer or from simMarket.

Power to the people.

If only we had a cat!

Almost forgot. Son has been at Goatwick since 0700. Maybe the third flight he's booked on will leave for home, at 1600. Number one daughter's flight arrived from Glasgow an hour late, despite an absence of fog at either end. Number 2 daughter due to fly home on 23rd. To get here she's got to fly Madrid to Heathrow, if open. Bus Heathrow to Goatwick.
Goatwick to IOM.

It's definitely less tedious in FS.

And a very Merry Christmas to all on the list.

Gerry Winskill
GOM and Bar