[jhb_airlines] Re: FSCommander

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 07:19:04 +0100

Solved at last, after I decided to take the easy route.

A check on FS9 showed the problem wasn't present. FSC is common to both, so not FSC related. That left FSUIPC. Checked both versions of FSUIPC's ini file but both looked the same, re TCAS. Deleted the FSX version and let FSUIPC creat a new one. Problem now disappeared. No idea how or where it held the data but not too worried.

Meanwhile, why didn't it apply to the A350? My guess is because FSUIPC was set to pick up the aircraft model names. The model name for the A350 is unusual, so perhaps it didn't recognise it as a model, so couldn't trigger the TCAS.

Now, perhaps, I won't be up at 0530, tomorrow, with this one no longer niggling at me.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Meanwhile, it gets curiouser.

I worked my way through the various aircraft in my normal use fleet. All started from the same saved situation; sitting on the threshold of Aldergrove's 25, with engines running. Of the seven aircraft tested, all triggered the self imaged TCAS alarm. The one that didn't, in a series of repeat tests, was the A350. This differs from the others only in that I downloaded and installed it after the FSCC TCAS problem surfaced. There's no reference to TCAS in any of the Aircraft.cfg or Panel.cfg files.
So, it could be either that it was post FSC, or recently downloaded.
I flew the Default B737 and B747, neither of which I've previously used. So it's not whether it's been used that's the deeciding factor. Next I downloaded and installed the Beechcraft Starship; an ugly looking piece of artwork. That triggered the TCAS!

So, how come the A350 doesn't.

Baffled of Ramsey!

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Paul,
Thanks for the lead, though it may take a while to follow up.

I tried to log in but was rejected because my password was wrong. I went for the password reminder option but that was rejected because of incorrect email address. My email address must have changed since I first registered. I can remember the old one but that's no use 'cos I won't get a password reminder that's sent to that address.
If I try to re register I can't, because I already exist.
Its called a Catch Twenty Two!

I've emailed asking if they can suggest a way out of the impasse.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

Hi Gerry

I've been trying to recreate the problem on my system but cannot manage it. I've looked through all the possible avenues I can to come up wih some suggestions but you've covered the obvious so all I can do is point you to the FSC forum for a potential solution.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=155