[jhb_airlines] Re: FSCommander

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:26:27 +0000

Now, there's a funny thing.
I was running FSC last night but couldn't remember whether it was FS9 or FSX. Since the FSX version is promised for next week I'dnot been able to point it to FSX during the install procedure. So it must have been FS9...........?

I've got FSX running, to try to locate Bones' chopper arrival pad, in the IOM. Out of curiosity I started FSC and selected EGNS as its start point. Sure enough it showed the flight on the ground, at Ronaldsway. In FSX I'm sitting on the ground about 20 miles further North, at Andreas.

When I switched FSC to GPS the aircraft symbol immediately located to Andreas!

So it looks as though FSC just looks for an active flightim prog and connects. Clever, possibly even unintentional?

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

Gerry,

Having the disc, check the version number.  The latest is 7.7 with Patch 3
(Build 191106).  The updates add North Atlantic and Pacific Tracks to the
routing options as well as direct online support for VATSim and IVAO
(including weather).  If you install AIBridge, you can use it with in Pilot
Club.

The biggest disappiontment you'll have is the lack of SID's and STAR's but
if you using it in conjuction with charts this is less problematic, simply
route from the SID exit point and STAR entry.