[jhb_airlines] Re: FSC and all that

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:27:47 +0000

Yesterday I was very doubtful about going the FSC route. I don't find the idea of having to pay for three addons gripping and the idea of having to alter my network settings didn't turn me on either.

This morning all that's changed. Simply because I realised I could get my spare monitor running on this, my non-FS machine. I can run FS9 or FSX on the other setup, with instrument panel on its own monitor, then run Servinfo and FSC on their own screens, on this machine. Next step to try to make sense of the network settings.

One question; will FSC accept being used with FS9 and FSX, not at the same time, on the one machine?

If only I could access the Pilot Club dropdown on this PC, so it didn't clutter the scenery screens........

Off for a little light reading.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

If run on a second, networked machine, will it exercise FMC contol over a flight on the other machine. If so it would meet my needs for both FS9 and FSX. At present I'm running FSNav on the second machine, when using FSX, but only as an on screen chart.