[jhb_airlines] Re: FSC Property

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:01 +0100 (BST)

Gerry,
I bought the EEEPC deliberately as a means of continuing to explore Linux.
After installing "Ubuntu for the EEEPC" which didn't quite work properly,
and was still horribly user-unfriendly a la Linux Fraternity
Specifications (grin) I managed to install the Xandros version that came
with it (which the said linux Fraternity think is rubbish) - and I have
to say it is superb. Easy, intuitive, only has applications installed and
visible which any user would need; only does what I need it to do, help
messages that mean something (not the usual "to press any key when ready,
press any jkey when ready" sort of trash) all in less than 2Gb.  There is
a Console mode, but it is hidden unless you really want to poke around
under the bonnet.

Sorry for spoiling your day. On the other hand - you could try it..
http://www.xandros.com/products/home.html

Peter