[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 scenery problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:19:12 +0100

Bones wrote:

Truth is that you shouldn't be seeing both anyway because UK2000 should have
excluded the default airfield layout.

Phil Reynolds wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I only get the UK2000 Bruntingthorpe displayed, no sign of any MS default.

Well, if both Bones and Phil are right - and I have no reason to doubt either of them - then my Sherlock Holmes' "Beginners' Guide to Deduction" suggests that there must be something wrong with my setup here. The candidates which occur to me are -

- the UK2000 bgls - brun.bgl, brunexc.bgl, bruntaxi.bgl and brun_vulcan.bgl

- my scenery.cfg

- my scenery layering

Now I have confirmed that FS2002 does NOT have this "double-vision" problem at Bruntingthorpe. I also run UK2000 for FS2002 (and UK VFRGM). My scenery layering for FS2002 and FS9 is identical, so I am ruling this out as a cause. I don't see anything wrong with scenery.cfg, but I'm willing to be proved wrong by someone with more experience of scenery than me (most of you on this list). So does it come down to the bgls? FS2002 has 3 identically named bgls (although different sizes to their FS9 equivalents) but no brun_vulcan.bgl. When I locate, using Create a Flight, on the active runway at Bruntingthorpe in FS9, it is on the MS default runway (confirmed in FSNav), with the UK2000 layout to the north.

Perhaps Phil can confirm his Bruntingthorpe bgl details (sizes, dates, etc), and/or Bones can advise me how to re-align the UK2000 southwards to match up with the default.

Hope someone can help.

Mike L