[jhb_airlines] FS9 SR1 (Patch)

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:15:02 +0100

Has anyone installed the FS9 patch yet?

I downloaded it last night but there's a bit of work to be done before I =
can
run the patch in. Apart from ensuring I've got the latest copies of =
FSUIPC
and ActiveCamera I am sure I have got tweaked copies of the FS9.exe file
(the No CD patch) and an altered display.cfg file on my system. Both =
need to
be restored to the original copies when the patch is installed. All this =
is
in the readme so it's worth going through it properly before starting =
the
upgrade.

Other original files the upgrade needs putting back in are generic.bgl =
and
gps_export.dll - both which may have been modified by some add-ons.

Looking through the postings on AVSIM show that there may be some blind
alleys we can get caught in. One user ran the patch on his No CD FS9.exe
anyway and said it worked OK but further emails suggest that the patch =
will
have left this untouched and not put the new one in.

One word of caution from another thread. A couple of users have said =
that
running the patch has a side effect in Internet Explorer in that it =
changes
the settings to allow cookies. It might be worth noting your current
settings and checking them again after the install.

Details of the patch and the download are at
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/fs2004_update9.1_english.a=
sp

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net