[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 Menu Problem

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:54:18 +0100

Having deleted NL2000 from FS9, via the library menu, that still left it listed
in
Scenery_old.cfg, or whatever it's called. I went through the other varieties of
Scenery.cfg, wherever they resided, to find it was still present. I deleted the
NL2000
entries, wherever I found them.
 When I now run FS9 and go to World   Goto Airports, "the Netherlands" still
appears in
that menu and prevents any fields for all countries beneath it from appearing.
If,eg, I go
to the next country,Timor, the 4 fields from The Netherlands are still listed.
Thailand, or anything alphabetically higher, and all is well. I've changed
FS9.cfg's
[FACILLITIES] from Country=the Netherlands, presumably set by NL2000's
Autoinstal,
to Country=United Kingdom. When I go to the Airfields Menu, it opens with
United
Kingdom in the slot. Unfortunately the cities displayed total 15,470 !

So, to get to your question, it's FS9 that still picks up the reference to "the
Netherlands".
Higher up in the list is "Netherlands the", the correct, Default entry, which
works OK.
FSNav isn't a factor, so far as I can see.
I've posted a question to the Netherlands 2000 Forum. I'm not too optimistic;
mine
seems to be the only topic not in Dutch!

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx