[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 Memory Overload

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:56:01 +0000

A large Airplanes folder will increase the time taken to load the aircraft folder but will have no effect on the way FS runs.

It does sound like a cache problem but that takes me out of my depths!

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
Mike
A possible cause, could be, that when you added scenery, in the scenery library/add area. A the bottom of the box where you select the scenery, is 2 check boxes. One is 'cache this scenery' the other is 'use this scenery directly'. Which one have you been checking? I would check the 'use this scenery directly', it sounds as if you are maybe filling the cache. Also have you added any scenery lately? Try removing it, just uncheck it in the scenery library, (you will have to restart FS unfortunatly) in fact, uncheck all the added scenery, test, and add, until you find the culprit. A very large aircraft folder could also be a problem, this will slow down FS. Just a possibility, it could also be a lack of memory, 1 gig of ram or better is good. Also a high spec video card. Also, what else are you running as the same time, this depends on your machine spec of course. Locking down to 19FPS indicates a low spec. Can you get it any higher? A case of trial and error is indicated. I am tied up this week with family matters, but it would be no problem to log into your machine and have a look around, like I have done with Thomas Mcgreevy. Frank F