[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 Memory Overload

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:29:51 -0000

Mike

Virtual memory is used by windows in addition to the fixed memory. It can be in
one of two states, static and dynamic.
In dynamic mode, the default, the store expands and contracts as needed, like
blowing into a balloon then letting the air out. This can take a large chunk of
drive space. For static mode, you have to set it up to a fixed size, normally
double your physical ram, this will free up system resource and a chunk of
drive, you need at less 25% of free drive space at anytime.

I would suggest upping the Laptop memory to 2 gigs, it will make a difference.

Gotta go now, taxi duty.