[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 Memory Overload

  • From: Mike Nicholls <miken5000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:19:16 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Frank

Don't think its a memory problem as regards RAM, I have 1 gig on board

The video card is a possibility, but as its a laptop I'm not sure I want to
change it. I keep the frame rates to 19 as that was suggested for on-line
flying to stop servers getting overloaded. I can't remember what IVAO recommend
- slow frame rates have never been an issue, except at the recent excellent
Birmingham Airport add-on. It could be the aircraft panels, latest ones can
be very memory intensive with all the guages and additional panel windows

I am going to run a side-by-side check with my pc, which has never had the same
problem - it does have a far better spec than the lap top - also as its used
mainly by the family,  I only use it as a last resort so it doesn't carry the
same scenery upgrades that the other has

I don't think scenery per se is the problem - it has happened in areas where
there has been no upgrades to the standard FS9 basic scenery, and when flying
over the sea

I now firmly believe its a cache problem - it is so consistant with time - it
always happens around 30 - 35 mins after push back ie around 25 mins in the
air, and never before that after a clean fs start

I will check the cache settings -  I did wonder about the virtual memory
settings - its running XP Pro - I don't know enough about virtual memory
settings so that could be the culprit

Mike 214