[jhb_airlines] Re: FS9 Memory Overload

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:40:45 -0000

Mike

A possible cause, could be, that when you added scenery, in the scenery
library/add area. A the bottom of the box where you select the scenery, is 2
check boxes. One is 'cache this scenery' the other is 'use this scenery
directly'. Which one have you been checking? I would check the 'use this
scenery directly', it sounds as if you are maybe filling the cache. Also have
you added any scenery lately? Try removing it, just uncheck it in the scenery
library, (you will have to restart FS unfortunatly) in fact, uncheck all the
added scenery, test, and add, until you find the culprit.

A very large aircraft folder could also be a problem, this will slow down FS.

Just a possibility, it could also be a lack of memory, 1 gig of ram or better
is good. Also a high spec video card.

Also, what else are you running as the same time, this depends on your machine
spec of course. Locking down to 19FPS indicates a low spec. Can you get it any
higher?

A case of trial and error is indicated.

I am tied up this week with family matters, but it would be no problem to log
into your machine and have a look around, like I have done with Thomas Mcgreevy.