[jhb_airlines] FS9 Falcon 50

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:15:26 +0100

Just finished my first flight in the FS9 version of the classic Falcon 50. What a let down!
Visually it's fine, allowing for the fact that the F50 has always, to my eyes, looked a bit dumpy.
When on the ground, with engines stopped, it's hooked to a generator and has engine covers and ground cones. At engine start, they disappear.
At the end of the flight, if lights are left on, when the door is opened it comes with red carpet, uniformed attendant and keep out corded stanchions. So much for the eye candy but the in between bits are way below par. Werner Schott's Checklists show a cruise speed of m=0.8. At FL300, the most I saw, at 100% throttle, was 0.67. One of the great attractions of the FS2002 model was its stabillity in manual ILS descent. This version is very twitchy and I had some difficulty in actually arriving on the runway.
Panel is of the same quality in both versions.
The only problem I've had operating the FS2002 version in FS9, fairly important, is the undercarriage refusing to appear.

I'll have a good look at both Aircraft.cfg files, in case there is some obvious difference. After that it's going to be trial and error, to see if the new version can be tweaked back in line with the original.

Gerry Winskill

gwinsk@xxxxxxx