[jhb_airlines] Re: FS2004 pan view problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:47:46 +0100

There may indeed be a misunderstanding, John, but it's probably my inadequate description of the problem!

Using the RealAir C172 in FS2004, 2D mode, I tried using the hat switch to snatch a glance to left and right - as is my practice with FS2002. Instead of getting a quick view through the side windows, no instrument panel, which reverts to normal forward view with instruments when I released the hat switch, the whole 'windshield' 2D view complete with instruments 'scrolled' to the side - so that I ended up seeing lateral scenery as if through the windshield. This view sticks when I release the hat switch, and I either have to scroll back to the proper position for forward view or try to remember what the keyboard command is to achieve this. Now whether I should start tinkering with the FS9 panel.cfg for the RealAir C172 is debatable ...

Mike L

Bones wrote:
A possible misunderstanding here which may be my fault.

If I use the numpad keys to look left/right etc then I get a full screen
showing the view in that direction (no panel is visible). If I use my hat
switch to pan the front view then the panel never moves - only the outside
view.