[jhb_airlines] FS Only Machine Progress

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:45:47 BST

Until I put SWMBO on tomorrow's redeye, for Madrid via Goatwick, things have
juddered to a halt.
 I was two thirds through my first TripleHead flight, on the new machine, when
all went quiet, and dark! In moving the rudder pedals I must have jarred the
plug, connecting one of the many connections to the many connector boards.
Having re plugged and re booted, I was surprised that booting FS9 produced a
series of messages about missing VFR GM scenery. A quick look at My Computer
showed that the second SATA drive, the one running VFR GM, was no longer with
us. A cold sweat was the first reaction. I unplugged the drive, booted up, shut
down, plugged it in, re booted and was immensely relieved to find it had
reappeared. That was the good news. The bad is that, even after removing
FS9.cfg, FS9 refuses to boot up. Looks like a reinstall is on, tomorrow morning.

Not all gloom and doom, so cut to the bit that might just be of interest. A
test flight from Welshpool, through the heavily Autogenned Gloucestershire
area, then on towards Southampton was reasuring. With all slides at max, I was
getting about 100 to 110 fps, until entering the area near Staverton. As field
and Autogen appeared it dropped to about 85 fps. No blurries; well none that
didn't snap back into focus, in seconds. Progress was smooooooth; there's no
substitute for fps.
 GF's Autopilot and radio were not co-operating, so it will be back to GF.cfg
next.
I didn't work harder than this when getting paid for it!

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net