[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI voice

  • From: Phil Reynolds <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:19:50 +0000

Hi Bones,

So it looks to me like what they're saying is that they changed the servers to only work with a new client which they haven't released. Not exactly the best idea they've ever had!!!

Phil

Bones wrote:

No apology from FPI but at least we had a response.

Their statement is:

"Hello everybody

the EU.voice.fpi-net.net is an alias for both the eu-1 and eu-2 (same goes
for the US,us-1 and us-2)

Untill we get the packaged Voiceclient from Stefan that supports the
Alias-feature (It's written, works, just needs to be put into an installer)
please use the "-1" or "-2"

Almost clear as mud but I think I see the problem. eu.voice.fpi-net.net is a
NETWORK address that should be picking up data from two servers -
eu-1.voice.fpi-net.net and eu-2.voice.fpi-net.net. It isn't quite doing this
and if you select eu.voice.fpi-net.net it seems to shunt you randomly to one
of the two servers. For some reason most ATC got shunted to
eu-1.voice.fpi-net.net and most pilots seem to have gone to
eu-2.voice.fpi-net.net.

I'd suggest everyone changes to use eu-1.voice.fpi-net.net and ignore the -2
channel. I'm not sure if you can do this in your ATOC setup (I can in the
ATC software) or whether it will need an INI tweak.

http://fsaviation.net