[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI update

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 02:37:00 +0100

I'm sure that any approach from JHB would be listened to but we also have to
show support from the UK ATC community too - showing there is a core of both
pilots and controllers still keen on using the software. I think Alex is
right and that we need a temporary group name to use when discussing matters
with FPI. This group would comprise of ex FPI users from the UK such as JHB
(for the pilots) and maybe UKVCA for the controllers.

Our basic requirement would be to seek approval from FPI to use their
software to maintain UK operations - the regulation and organisation of
these operations now falling upon us to maintain. We would also need
approval to encompass further activity outside the UK should there be any
interest shown - such as from Peter in Amsterdam.

To be honest, if FPI gave us the server software to use and we had the
facilities to run this, I guess we then become the responsible party for the
whole system operation. We would have to consider that other ex FPI members
may wish to join us and, should FPI grant this, have some system in place
for registration and password issue. It really would all hinge on whether
FPI allowed us "open" use of the software or whether we kept it as a private
server amongst friends.