[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI update

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:45:03 +0100

Alex,

As you are aware, and have hinted at on this froum, there are on-going
discussions between Stefan and Ralph and third parties.  John Hill Peter B
and I were on with Stefan and Ralph earlier and he expanded upon their
ideas.  I have been asked not to go into specific detail with others but I
believe both Alan Sutherland and yourself have been made aware of their
ideas.  In my discussions with Stefan, both by PM and voice, I have asked
that the software not be allowed to fall by the wayside.  In this respect
Stefan has stated that VATSim had asked for the ICP client but he has turned
them down.  He would also not pass on the software to IVAO either.  Should
the planned venture not come to fruition, then Stefan has said he would like
the software to be in use on a small, friendly community based network
rather than the "numbers are everything" networks such as VATSim or IVAO if
one can be established.  The gist of this is that if something can be set
up, I think stefan would be happy to release the software for use.  I'm sure
he would want safeguards against it being passed on but I'm sure that can be
managed.

Paul.