[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI update

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:19:00 +0100

The only worrying comment from Ralph was when Paul asked if the sentence in
the forum post about future plans could be elaborated on - to which he said
"Don't hold your breath".

Alan and Andy are now added to this list and should receive this post. I'm
more than happy to host discussion about future online ideas for now - at
least it ensures we all stay in touch. Should anything evolve from our group
then, obviously, it would develop it's own web site and forum with
interested JHB members subscribing to that.

Peter was in the final stages of creating a Dutch set of pages for FPI so he
was rather upset at the news. For now I've suggested he hang on to them as
they may still be useful.

In the short term we may have access to FPI possibly until Wednesday on the
217.172.179.54 server. After that we enter a period of uncertainty with no
firm ATC service except for those that may wish to explore VATSIM/IVAO - or
revert to basic MP sessions on Rory's server. We can't really talk about
firm plans for the future until FPI confirm what their intentions are.

I used to run my own JHB sessions using an FSD server with Pro Controller
and pilots on SB2. This no longer works but may something will arrive that
may tap into SB3 and ASRC/AVC. Of the latter I prefer AVC but it's a heavily
US based display. The FPI radar was more like what I am used to in real
life.