[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI update

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:43:41 +0100

Hi Bones,

Alan Sutherland would like to be added to this list if possible, his email address is "Asutherland340@xxxxxxx" Also if you could add Andy Berry at "a.berry20@xxxxxxxxxxxx" that would be brilliant.

Thank you also for Peter's address. The problem I have with servers is a similar one to what happened when FPI put the US one in - the weakest link in the chain will always bring a network down. In this example the US server was running at 15mb/s on a dedicated line (not at all bad really) and it just wasn't fast enough to cope with 7+ connections.

All FPI's server have always been 100MB/S dedicated lines (and still we get lag) there is very little chance of running a decent, 10 connection plus, MP session with voice /data and ATC on a home internet line, even before we bring routers and ISP's into the equation.

For the moment I think I am content to sit for a few weeks and wait and see what ideas "FPI" has for the future before hurdles start to be tackled.

Alex

Bones wrote:
As Paul and I finished the FPI session tonight Ralph dropped onto the
channel.

The USA servers will cease tonight as will the 217.172.180.76 server.

The 217.172.179.54 server may stay running a bit longer - Ralph suggested
that he may leave it running until Tuesday, or "maybe Wednesday". After that
we have nothing.

http://fsaviation.net