[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI tonight

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:06:23 -0000

We talked about the evening for quite some time on the ATC chat channel
after most pilots had landed. Our view was that it seemed a good evening for
ATC and we guessed it was good for the pilots too - but we really needed
your feedback.

From the positive comments I can confirm that it won't be a one off. FPI is
dreadfully under utilised right now and even though we have a reasonable UK
ATC presence it isn't a good thing to limit our coverage to this area every
week. ATC cover in Germany isn't bad and Netherlands is sometimes active but
the rest of Europe is rather sadly empty. We will therefore look at some
nice European locations and temporarily relocate the UK staff to a specific
area for an evening. It should provide more interesting flying for
yourselves and hopefully pull in a few of the other pilots in FPI - as it
seemed to yesterday.

Next week will be similar but I can't tell you the destinations as yet
except for one - Malta. <g>

Dave has already noted that it can be harder obtaining charts and
information for non UK airfields. Luckily, FSNav fills the gap to some
extent but I'm sure we'll stay away from difficult airfields unless good
data is available. Chambery and Innsbruck would be good challenges though..
<vbg>