[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI tonight

  • From: franklyn fisher <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:46:17 +0000

Fantastic!!!
Three airport in a triangle, two medium haul legs and one short haul leg, giving a possible 14 route combinations.
14 pilots would have made it rather interesting.
Many thanks to the controllers for their time, patience and understanding, particuarily John waiting for me to come in.
For myself, the evening was eventful.
Logged in around 19:50, first problem, no voice!. Remembered I had the same problem the previous evening on Vatsim, had changed my sound card on Monday, and needed to reconfigure the sound modules.
Cleared from Crete to Athens, first leg great.
Cleared for start-up/pushback for the Athens/Rhodes leg. My Radio and HSI went blank!
Sorted, taxied to hold, El Blanco again!!
Passing thro FL120 for FL150 El Blanco again.
Contacted Athen Center and opted to continue in manual flight under his watchful eye(thanks John).
5 Minutes later, my flight engineer located and fixed the problem.
There was a check mark against the aircraft failure/electrical/radio box.
Doh.
On approach Rhodes I could not pick up the ILS, so had to fly in on manual.
My 2:30 hour schedule had turned into a 3 hour marathon. It was now 23:00 h. My wife was threatening to lock the bedroom door.
Needless to say I did not complete the 3 leg trip.
Bring it on down, I want more.
Frank F Diamond 188

Bones wrote:

I'd like to ask how everyone felt about tonight's Greek flavoured session.
On the controller's side it was extremely good and we enjoyed it greatly -
but did the change of location have the same appeal to pilots?

The nice thing about the evening was that it attracted other pilots to the
event - a Virgin Express, an Iberia, several Eurofly pilots and even a
Luxembourg Lear Jet. This nice mix made me feel that JHB wasn't flying in
solitary confinement yet again..

As the UK winter draws in would pilots like it if the UK controllers up
sticks now and then and relocate to more interesting locations?

http://fsaviation.net