[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI tonight

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:35:31 +0100

I saw you all the way from your departure point. I also heard a couple of
transmissions on my frequency but it was carrier wave only, no speech. That
would confirm you are indeed sending a signal out but with no modulation. I
can't help further as the problem may range from a duff mike to a software
glitch.

Technically you were perfectly correct not to enter the zone. If your radio
fails before you've got a zone clearance then you can't come in. If your
radio fails AFTER you get a zone clearance then you crack on to the airfield
flying the published inbound route. Having said that I would have probably
fitted you in easily enough.

If you had squawked 7600 I would have given you a 30 degree turn. If I
observed this then I could have assumed RX was working and only TX was
faulty - and I would have vectored you to the field as normal. Had I not
observed a turn I would simply watched you approaching the airfield and kept
everyone else 5nm away.

From: "Bones" bones@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:35:54 +0200
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx