[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI problems

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:09:08 +0000

Bones

I have run across IP address problems when my router decides to reallocate addresses to my LAN, which happens periodically but unpredictably (wired router seems less prone to do this than a wireless one). I don't know if you run a LAN or not but, in any case, it might be worth checking that the IP addresses in the various ATOC ini files correspond to your PC(s).

Mike L

Bones wrote:
When the session on Wednesday was drawing to a close I shut down BIRD_CTR
and tried to log into the session in FS2004 to watch the last two landing
aircraft at BIAR.

FS loaded OK and I positioned to BIAR and hit the ATOC button. All I got was
a popup box saying something about IP Addresses not being found with an
option to Ignore, Reload or Cancel. Choosing any of these resulted in an
hourglass appearing and I couldn't get any further - I had to use Task
Manager to shut down FS.

Anyone else come across this problem? Is there a cure which doesn't involve
reinstalling the software? <g>

http://fsaviation.net