[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI missing aircraft

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:04:33 +0100

According to his flight plan he was using the A320 (see his flight
strip) so you should have seen that. It could be that he's using an
unofficial repaint..

The FPI AI aircraft are easy enough to repaint but not to install. It's
not just a case of amending the aircraft.cfg files for new texture sets
- there are a couple of more subtle changes to the FPI system as well.
These make the aircraft appear in the ATOC flight plan menu and also
dictate the code number so that the aircraft appears as a suitable
alternative if the viewer doesn't have the exact match on his system. If
all this fails FPI always defaults to the C172.