[jhb_airlines] FPI missing aircraft

  • From: <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 9:30:37 +0000

> > I did this flight with FPI, and guess what - I was able to file
> > a flight plan - all the ATOC aircraft were there, available.

I found myself the victim of FPI's "missing aircraft" syndrome last night when
I went to file my flight plan.  This caused total consternation since I have
been really quite chuffed (some of you might say 'smug') about the reliabilty
of my LAN ATOC/FPI setup (apart from a recent ILS lockup which I blame on the
FPI server).  After the red mist and cold sweat had cleared, it occurred to me
that I had booted my FS PC (where the FPI aircraft live) AFTER I had booted my
laptop (where the ATOC client lives).  Even though I was able to start my ATOC
remote session OK (ie the laptop found the FS PC on the LAN), the necessary
drive mapping hadn't been established .... so no aircraft found.  I don't know
if this explanation is likely to be of any help to others who have "lost", or
cannot find, FPI aircraft which they know they have installed.

Note to self: switch on brain before PCs.

Mike