[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI last night

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:01:12 EDT

pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
can't  tell the difference between the two in my headset, so if
I receive "chat"  directed to me, (as I may have done when John
asked me to disconnect and  reconnect - (was that ATC or chat,
John?) I always assume it is ATC and  reply formally.  I think I
will keep chat permanently disabled.   I don't use it, and as you
say, it can be a  distraction.

Peter,

If you keep the VOX display on, you will see e.g. ATC users in the top
section and "chat" users below; as each voice comes over the speaker you  can
see
the appropriate microphone being highlighted. Helps with voice  recognition.
Chat is useful when FPI is not busy, Tony Pick got me started  on ATOC via
e-mail, to enable the chat box, and then used chat to guide me  through all the
ATOC screens. Very helpful for a beginner.

Frank T.