[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI last night

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 06:44:50 +0100

That comment probably dates him. Our friend is from that era, too. The
post-Trident
crash changes seem to have taken them away from the Gann era. Throwing the
co-pilot
the occasional take off or landing seems to have been replaced by duties being
shared
on a faily split rota. When I see how young some of the number two's are, I'm
not so
sure about the demise of the power of the Capt.
Not so sure, either, about the fact that not using the A/P, at all times, is
frowned upon.
The A/P is/apparently, more fuel efficient, so tha accountants, now the power
in BA,
don't like the pilots screwing up the bottom line, by flying, instead of
monitoring.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx