[jhb_airlines] FPI Wednesday night

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:07:37 +0100

With the FPI booking system gone could we confirm who will be online on
Wednesday?

I will probably log in as EGPX_CTR leaving the airfields open for everyone
else to grab. I don't expect Centre to get much traffic at all as the three
airfields are close enough to co-ordinate directly. I suggest that traffic
between Glasgow and Edinburgh routes direct as should Glasgow to Prestwick.
I'd suggest that Edinburgh/Prestwick traffic route via TLA VOR to give some
legroom.

As the three airports are very close to one another it is essential for ATC
to get rid of outbound traffic as soon as possible. The CTR's are clearly
marked and I'd recommend handing aircraft over almost as they leave your
CTR. Edinburgh to Prestwick traffic isn't as critical if going via TLA and
the VOR is a good point for handovers. For traffic between Prestwick and
Glasgow it is just the opposite and you only have 2nm between zones -
handovers will have to be very fast.

I'll sit back as Centre to pick up any inbounds from further points or just
to provide a helping hand.

Have we a current list for ATC manning the three airports?

http://fsaviation.net