[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Wednesday 16th

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:12 +0100 (BST)

As you know, I work from home 90% of the time.  Just lately I have been having
to travel to Peterborough a lot, and the
traffic jams almost everywhere border on frightening from when I was last "on
the road" in 2000. Almost every roundabout
has a 1/2 mile queue, and coming up the M6 yesterday from Birmingahm to
Middlewich we were stopped twice for some time
in only 70 miles.

I've told my wife that whenever we take the children on a long journey in
future, we take food, water, and a blanket in
the back.  I am not joking. If we got stuck on a motorway for 6 hours in snow,
or 40 degree heat, it could be quite
dangerous for the children without such precautions.

On Friday, coming home from Peterborough I ground to a halt just as I embarked
down the slip road onto the Stoke on
Trent D-road - a sort of urban underpass "fast route" (Ha!). I did the
unmentionable and U-turned back up the slip road
and went another way! Glad there were no cop cars, though a camera may have got
me.

I'm beginning to wonder about re-emigrating.  I did this once before, in my
youth, but foolishly came "home" after 5
years.

..and I won't be buying FSX until I upgrade my PC to Vista - probably 12 months
hence.