[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Update

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:25:29 +0100

Andrew

Welcome to the list.

Your list of attributes sounds impressive, and I am glad you are on our side.

I dispute the FPI weather server, it simply never worked, or that I did not notice.

Did see something about ATCInn, lost the thread for the moment, but it is not on the main download page.

Have installed the FSInn beta 2 (a better interface than V1.0). The weather server works a treat, and can confirm it is accurate, leastwise, I set up at my home airport, and the weather changed to my locale, and confirmed by ActiveSky.

Compared with Vatsim, a smaller and cleaner interface, with a range of popups, including a TCAS.

Not actually used the FSInn servers (bank holiday interferred). Will need to check if it is reconised by Servinfo.

As far as Linux is concerned, only Mike L is the guru here, I have been thinking of plunging in, and have a distro up and running, but have as yet to get it to log in, and I do not have a clue as to what to do.

If you want some testers etc, just give a shout here on the list.