[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Update

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:54:16 +0100

Having got past the fact that it didn't like my callsign format, it still has
one quirkup its
sleeve. The problem is still there if I disable Zonealarm.
 When I select ATOC Window, for the first time, having set up Multiplay Host, I
get a
messagesaying "Trying To Get Actual Server List Failed. Do You Have A Valid
Internet
Connection ?".
  It then offers the three options: Abort, Retry, Ignore. If I opt for Abort or
Retry, then FS
hangs and has to be rebooted. If I opt for Ignore, then I can get to Window,
Setup etc
and all is OK. If I disconnect from Multiplay Session, then set it up again, I
have no
message, or problems, when re-accessing ATOC. The problem is exactly the same,
on
FS2002.
 Once in and the ATC list appears more quickly. The other noticeable
improvement is
that I no longer get the Phonehome situation, after shutting down FS.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx