[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Tonite

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:57:43 EDT

ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Frank
That is a very low overheat!
You should be able to go up to  about 60c with no problems.
I should check out your bios and see what the  settings are.
Not certain the max temps for the Intel/AMD chips, but 30  seems low for the
overheat to cut in.
That must be around the normal  operating temp.
Just run a check on mine, and it is 42c ( higher than the  last time I
looked), but well within the the operating range(considering  the current
climate).
Can still touch the Heatsink without  burning.
Frank

Frank,

Sorry if I misled you, the temp outside here was 35C+. I'm not sure whether
its the PC or the joystick which objects to the heat, but I've noticed I get
frequenty crashes and joystick errors when its very hot outside. Must confess
I  haven't tried looking at the bios, I might have a look tonight when its
cooler.

Frank T.