[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Tonite

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 03:34:28 EDT

My apologies to John Hill for disappearing when approaching the downwind  leg
to Glasgow at around 9:50 last night, the problem was -

One of our neighbours had a prolonged power cut. Southern Electric came out
last night with one of those diggers to clear a trench so that they could get
at  the cable. They found the cable, and the break in it, but at the same time
broke  the gas main. They had to cut the gas supply and the electricity
supply to our  street, due to the danger of an explosion. This happened as I
approached the  downwind leg at Glasgow........

This morning we have supplies restored, there's still a big trench there
though, they usually take weeks to get around to tidying these up. Still, I'm
back on line.

So goodbye FPI colleagues, hello Pilot's Club Members

Frank T.