[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Session this evening

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:37:31 +0100

I think I might have the answer to the floating aircraft problem.

In the ATOCAircraftFile.INI file there is a height value for all the
ATOC aircraft. For example their entry for the C172 shows

Height=3.765

Which is fine if you fly the C172 because this is the same height as the
value in the default C172 aircraft.cfg file -

Static CG height=3.765

Now, say you are flying the Dreamfleet PA28 Archer. You position and
height values are sent to the ATOC server and then on to other ATOC
users. The Archer isn't in the ATOC approved list of aircraft and so it
is likely to default to the C172 for most users. However the Archer has
a Static CG Height of 3.85 and a C172 placed at this height is going to
float in the air a little bit.