[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Session for Tuesday night

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:02 +0100 (BST)

It was realistically busy this evening.  I couldn't raise London
Centre either, so gave up and waited until I got nearer
Manchester (from Welshpool).  Then I found out that the ATOC
voice module was trying to load an unrecognised IP address, for
Manchester Approach, and I had to manually select another server.

I was about to call Manchester when John called me asking me to
confirm my altitude (translated, means: "I hope you aren't going
to infringe my airspace!". I wasn't. I had already descended to
1300 feet ready to enter the Manchester Low Level Route to enter
the zone at Stretton, but I was vectored off towards Congleton.
Then, even more realistically, I had to orbit for a bit to let
the heavies clear.

All excellent fun. I have a screenshot of Servinfo with 10
aircraft on it - not quite a record, but impressive.

I still have JHB1683 against my ATOC name, and now I can't find
how to change it.