[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Session for Tuesday night

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 10:07:15 +0100

Seems straightforward.
Last night was my first shot at a session in which you weren't involved. I
contacted
London_Ctr, after startup at Ronaldsway, and after filing a flightplan to
Stansted. I was
advised to contact when airborne and, I think, when  heading to a VFR. The
first thing
that struck me was that I wasn't assigned a sqawk frequency. The other that I
was a bit
thrown by the different voice and slightly different patter. Inevitable, the
first time, I
guess.
 I'll definitely try to use FPI for most flying, whether there's a controller
present, or not,
pour encourager les autres.
 Off to Satanic Mill building.

Gerry Winskill