[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Session for Tuesday night

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:18 +0100 (BST)

John,
It was all what I would expect going into EGCC.  With so many
heavies about I didn't expect an easy trip! I spent so long
trying to contact Lonmdon, thinking it was a fault in my set-up,
that I was approaching Whitegate before I realised it! Then I
forgot to download any weather, which is probably just as well,
as I would never have set off!!!!!  I saw G-CART at Woodvale on
Servinfo and wondered why he wasn't going anywhere!  Nice Warrior
BTW.

I never saw any other aircraft, which was pity if they were just
above me, nor on the ground, yet there were 3 KLMs with me.  Nor
could I file a flight plan because it wouldn't show any aircraft.
 I've forgotten now what the result of this problem is.

I had entirely forgotten that the big callsign in the main
window was changeable.  Doh! I will adopt the following policy
(if I can remember it).  If in the 172, I will always use G-JHBD
as I'm only doing sightseeing trips (Oooh-look, lots of Dutch
airliners!()!)  If in the Baron, I will call myself JHB130 as it
will be well paid air taxi work, (not that working for JHB
Airlines could ever be called well paid <ducks rapidly>).

I think we should have a return match and all descend on
Amsterdam on evening.  What do people think?  It would be good
for me, as I have been too scared (being frank) to venture into
foreign ATC.  (Yes I'm a total Xenophobe and need vallium if I
even venture on a foreign holiday).