[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Session for Tuesday night

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 01:47:30 +0100

It wasn't just you having problems tonight Mike - there were quite a few
in all. Oddly enough they were quite varied but I think I have made a
list of the important ones.

The reason why I turned you in so tightly was because KLM110 also had a
glitch and wasn't responding to my heading changes. Once that happens
you can't vector every other aircraft in the same tailchase as it would
be silly so I turned you in ahead of the KLM. He almost got to Hawarden
before he responded <g>

I'd brought another KLM in tight behind you as well so it was a bit
embarrassing when you locked up - there were only a bout 4nm between
you. It only took a couple of minutes and the aircraft ran over you on
the ILS. I don't think that counts as a midair.. <g>