[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Last Nite

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:32:37 +0100

Did you have to part with cash to download?

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/08/2006 19:12:55 GMT Daylight Time, ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    Frank
    I am not sure what sort of machine you have now (I know it is an
    Intel P4)
    or even what size case it is in. I have a full tower case, as I
    too had some
    overheat problem in early days, when I  then had the fashionable
    microcase,
    went up to a midi case and now the full tower.Has tons of room
    inside for
    the airflow, altho I have added a fan at the base to push air in, and
    another at the top to pull it out, totally unnecessary, but it
    gives a
    positive airflow.

    If you have one of the smaller ones, and everything inside looks
    jammed in,
    then that could well be the source of your problem.

    Of course it depends on where it will be sited, I have room to put
    it at the
    side of my desk.

    My machine has been running for hours at a time right through the
    heatwave
    (the room faces SSW) with no hint of overheat.

    Frank

Frank,
Its a Dell Dimension 8300, has a 3GHz P4, and I bought it nearly 3 years ago. It has a normal size tower case (not a mini-tower), and there is loads of room inside. It would probably benefit from another fan, but as I'm going to replace it I'm not going to bother. It normally gives me a good FPS rate running FS2004 without AI Traffic.
I'm now downloading the FSX demo, which I'll try to run on the same machine. I'll let you know how that goes.
Frank T.