[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Last Nite

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:12:11 +0100

Frank
I am not sure what sort of machine you have now (I know it is an Intel P4)
or even what size case it is in. I have a full tower case, as I too had some overheat problem in early days, when I then had the fashionable microcase, went up to a midi case and now the full tower.Has tons of room inside for the airflow, altho I have added a fan at the base to push air in, and another at the top to pull it out, totally unnecessary, but it gives a positive airflow.

If you have one of the smaller ones, and everything inside looks jammed in, then that could well be the source of your problem.

Of course it depends on where it will be sited, I have room to put it at the side of my desk.

My machine has been running for hours at a time right through the heatwave (the room faces SSW) with no hint of overheat.

Frank