[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI International night, Wednesday 26th

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:38:48 +0100

I agree. United's fixtures permitting, I'll probably fly Brussels to Heathrow, then on to another UK destination.
By including one continental field I'll have gone internationak, without leaving UK controllers in the lurch.

Looks like I can have a night off then as there won't be any call for the
normal glut of UK controllers.

Whilst I agree with the idea of having one international session each month
I don't think it has struck the other controllers that it makes UK
controlling very flat. There will be a sudden rush of outbounds from
Heathrow but then all the action disappears and both EGLL and EGTT will sit
there for several hours doing nothing. The flight lengths are such that it
would be at least 2.5 hours before the first aircraft returns to UK airspace
- assuming that the aircraft go EGLL-EBBR-EHAM-EGLL. That's a long time to
sit there doing nothing and the main reason controllers get fed up.

My own suggestion was to have two UK airports and one European destination
but that fell on deaf ears. EGCC-EGLL-EHAM might have been better.