[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Drama

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:15:49 +0100

To me it shows someone with good theoretical knowledge because the ADN
departure is what would happen in a non radar environment. With radar
however you are identified on departure and so the controller can bypass the
written procedures for something more expeditious - usually a climb on track
to TWEED or something similar.

All EGNS departures file a plan to IOM VOR as that is the approved route -
but in reality it is never done because once identified we can tell aircraft
to route direct to KELLY or even direct to WAL VOR.

Local pilots would know this difference but not anyone who is a newcomer to
the area. Anthony's controlling seems OK to me but not quite that of someone
with insider knowledge. OTOH if he really is 72 then he may have retired
when procedures were rather different. A lot has changed in the last seven
years.