[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Drama

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:38:53 +0100

All

Whilst controlling Sydney approach he other morning the pilot of a 747 dialled 7500 onto his transponder.
He was about 80miles south of Sydney. I vectored him blind to an AAF Base 26 miles to the North.
I felt this was an exciting and demanding exercise.
FPI did not.
They have banned from the Network the offending Pilot, and I have been suspended pending enquiry.
It appears that as in the real world I must make a full and detailed account (which I have now done).
The pilot (Australian) declared this emergency as he needed to curtail the flight as his wife had discovered a mouse in the bedroom. Well, what other course of action would you take if the cabin crew began screaming!!!

Just a word of caution to anyone who may consider a simulated emergency!

Has anyone ever seen a rule within FPI about this rule? If so, I would appreciate a pointer!

Best wishes

Kev T
JHB175 (sus)