[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Demise

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:57:24 +0100

Here you are on dodgy ground. Where loss occurs at the hands of another,
then they should remedy their error.  They have your property, namely the
sticker with the access key.  Proving this is the difficult part.

When you purchased the original package it included the key and therefore it
is your responsibility to ensure the safe keeping of both the original disk
and the product key. Any loss is not the responsibility of the software
supplier though most reputable companies would look to see if you have
registered the product with them and may then re-issue a key.  It's one way
they encourage brand loyalty through good after sales service and is really
the only benefit you get for giving them the right to put you on their
mailshot target lists <g>.