[jhb_airlines] Re: FPI Demise

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:49:04 +0100

Alex

Like Frank, I have had many hours of fun on FPI, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Met and made friends with a lot of likeminded people.

Have got to know some of you reps.

Have learned how to fly and control, it makes it so much easier to follow the hobby if you have the necessary skills.

And I would like to continue, and if possible put something back.

If you would like, I am available to help you to set up a server and test it, maybe even further.

My hours are free from say 16:00 - 17:00 then 19:30 - 22:30 most days, drop me an Email off list for details. (this weekend, being Bank Holiday, I will not be available til Monday).

Points

As I have approx 300+ hours flying and 100+ hours controlling on FPI since joining.
I would appreciate an official Notam regarding the closure. The least they can do for those who have been trying to keep it going.

I would not appreciate trying to log on to a dead site without warning, and, I think a lot of other people would feel the same.

Also, what is happening about our personal details etc, are they being passed on/destroyed ??

Are going we to be asked to help the new owners, in developing/testing the new software/site??

Afterall  we are the ones on the ground.!!

I am sure many others can think of additions to above.